|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
On3 Technologies, one of Houston’s most exciting startups, is seeking energetic, ambitious software engineers and data scientists to develop next generation transportation management and sports analytics software supporting Crane Capital Group, Inc., the Houston Astros owner Jim Crane’s family of companies. The Data Scientist will join On3 as an integral team member creating a next-generation data science and data visualization product in partnership with a Houston based world championship sports franchise.
The Data Scientist will apply machine learning and data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis, and build high quality prediction systems to help make smarter decisions and even better products.
● Selecting features, building and optimizing various models using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
● Data mining for domain insights using cutting edge methods
● Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
● Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
● Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
● Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
● Communicate status on current data science to team members daily
● Present final findings to team members and stakeholders monthly