|Location||South San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
A leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufacturers, and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. Seeking a highly motivated, team player with the ability to foster an exchange of ideas and support while achieving results as a Data Scientist.
This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients' lives. Our Client's culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients' lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the "Top Twenty Employers " in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Real World Data Scientist
gRED Early Clinical Development Informatics (ECDi) is seeking a contract team member with experience working with real world data. The Real World Data Scientist is primarily responsible for the execution of analytics and is an expert in which RWD sources and analysis methodologies, tools and technologies can be tailored to address a specific question. The candidate should have a combination of SQL capability, analytic and modeling experience, and knowledge of real world data assets. The candidate will work in the Predictive Analytics team and will specialize in complex data analysis and programming. The ideal candidate will have previous experiencing using large existing health databases like medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of available RWD sources and analysis methodologies including their potential applications. Act as a subject matter expert for applicable RWD sources and analysis methodologies
- Access, process, manipulate data of large volumes and from diverse sources (e.g. Oracle Clinical, Teradata, Medidata RAVE, ClinicalTrials.gov)
- Assist clinical development teams understand the size and characteristics of target patient populations, as identified by specific inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Carry out advanced and in-depth analytics and data mining tasks
- Proactively raise ideas and identify opportunities to enhance ways of working (including processes, methods, tools & technology etc.) and share best practices and lessons learned with peers
- Support development of new insights and analyses that inform data driven decisions
- Detect trends and anomalies in data and analyses
- Conduct ad hoc requests to support clinical development business needs
- Reports into gRED Early Clinical Development Predictive Analytics Lead
- The ability to adapt complex methodologies and analytical results to business needs, and convey them in an effective non-technical manner.
- Experience working with longitudinal RWD assets (e.g., claims, electronic health records, and/or surveys).
- Must have experience working with relational databases and SQL and the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Strong knowledge of common analysis tool such as R and python, for example.
- Proficiency to program in scripting languages highly preferred
- Working proficiency of MS Office
- Ambitious, resourceful, works with minimal instruction and oversight
- Bachelor's in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Master's or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- 5-7+ years of technical experience.
- SQL capability, analytic and modeling experience, and knowledge of real world data assets.
- Use of large existing health databases like medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc.